Friday, 18 March 2016

The Sims 4 Custom Content


For the last few weeks I have been completely focused on The Sims. Not even regular Sims because I found something even better - custom content. I may be a little late to the party here but ever since finding it I seem to be able to do nothing else but download new furniture/clothes for my Sims. (It may have even made me neglect my blog a tiny bit!) So I thought I would use my addiction as a great excuse for a blog post!

So this is what I've been working on for the last few weeks. I made a university dorm/apartment with 8 sims living in it, a cafe, and a pub. From top left to bottom right their names are Andres, Annie, Kimmi, Hayleigh, Chad, Jason, Brianna, and Steve. I've even made up little stories and personalities to go with each sim, yeah I may a little too in to this but it's way too late for me! Save yourselves!

This is my University dorm/apartment building, it took me about a week to finish it because although clutter looks amazing it is a bitch to place everywhere!

Also here is a close up of Annie's room because it took a long time to make and I love it, this would definitely be my room if I lived in the sims!

My 'Thanks a Latte' cafe and pub. 

On the plus side finding CC is satisfying my online shopping cravings so it's actually helping me save money! That's a plus right?!

If you have the Sims and want to download custom content here are some of my favourite places to 'shop' for stuff -
My Sims 4 Blog & The Sims Resource are my go to for everything.
Sunshineandroses has some really cute stuff.
MJ95 is great for shoes.
Stealthic and Nightcrawler have some amazing hairs.

All the things above are super easy to get, all you need to do is put your downloaded files in the folder Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Mods. CC creators generally have instructions on how to download their content on their websites too if you need more information.

Also here are some tips/things I wish I knew when I first started downloading stuff -
- Don't delete the file called 'resource' in your mods folder. I don't know exactly why but that shit's important.
- Organise your folder as you go, don't pull a me and have 1000 items unorganised when you need to delete one thing.
- Don't use subfolders, things won't show up in game if they're in a subfolder. One folder deep is fine but any further will be some messed up inception shit.
- All files in your mods folder should be package files (except the resource file).
- Always check if the item you want to download needs a mesh. Some things are just recolours of other items and won't work in game without the original.

I don't know why this is so addictive, maybe it's my inner interior decorator coming out for a few hours a day to sim it up? All I know is usually I get bored of the sims a few days after playing it but with CC I have not stopped playing it all month. So I do recommend buying the Sims and downloading some stuff, but don't be surprised when it's 4am in the morning and you're searching Google trying to find a T-shirt because "that is so not what Ben would wear"!

Have you ever downloaded Sims custom content? Thanks for reading!

Amy x

No comments :

Post a Comment